Monday, August 21, 2006

Our Trip to K-Town

Oma, Mama and I drove down to Kaiserslautern to visit my old Granduncle Guenther and Grandauntie Christine. They live in the middle of the Pfaelzer Forest and it was amazing to see that many trees. Carlo - their cat - and me got along great. He let me chase him around and pull on his fur. Isolde, the wine retailer around the corner, has a cat too - Ben. He's a biiiig cat. Mama was trying to tell me that he's not really a cat and rather a dog... four legs and a tail, so what's the difference anyway. Well, we had a blast too. Ben would bark at me, I'd laugh and scream back and chase him around the yard. He also let me play with his cork.

On Saturday Mama and I went to Heidelberg to see Auntie Anja and Uncle Peter. We got to see Auntie Anja's wedding dress. It's really pretty! They took us downtown and Mama bought me my first ice cream!!!! It was soy ice cream with green apple taste and it was yummie! The only other soy ice cream they had was with wheat germ... Mama says that I cannot have any cow milk before I turn 1 but that I don't have to eat hippy ice cream either. I will be 1 pretty soon and then I can eat ANYTHING I want, even strawberries and peanut butter.

This is Auntie Tine and me on her back porch. She helped me brush my teeth.




And this is Uncle Guenther and me. He's Oma's brother.


I hope that we won't have to put him down. As you can see, it seems like he's caught the bluetongue disease that's been found in some German farm animals recently.... or maybe he had some red wine, I don't know.


And on our way back I made friends with another baby in a McDonald's changing room. Mama was telling me to keep my butt on the pad so she could change me, but the other baby was waaaaay to interesting.

PS: I just let Mama in on my little secret, so why shouldn't I tell you too: I've decided to grow a secondary tooth and it's cutting right as we speak.

9:38 AM | 0 comments