Tuesday, February 13, 2007
The Zoo in Columbia
Daddy didn't have to go to work yesterday, so when it was time for my morning nap, Mama crammed me into my car seat and let me whine my way to sleep on the 100 mile drive to the Columbia zoo (I would have preferred my bed, you know). Anyway, I slept for an hour back there and when I woke up, we were already there. We had lunch at the Kenya cafe and then spent a few hours strolling around in Africa and Australia. There were lots of animals there that I'd only known from my not-so elaborate picture books. I think I liked the elephants best. They had lunch, just when we got to them.We saw a gorilla too. We think his name was Mike and he moved here from San Diego. Daddy says he doesn't know why Mike chose Columbia over San Diego. Mike came pretty close and showed off his behind. I think Mike needed a bath, he kind of smelled.
The sealions were wedging in the sun... apart from one of them. He kept hyperventilating and then dove down to chase his fins.
I loved all the wooden decks. They make my feet sound funny when I dance.
12:04 PM |
0 comments


